increase process reliability and efficiency in steam boilers
FWO-Control controls the quality of the water in a steam boiler system and increases its efficiency. Unnecessary overdosing of chemicals is prevented when the steam production is changed, which not only saves chemicals, but also water and energy. The result is reduced fuel consumption with reduced CO2 emissions. This significantly reduces energy and costs for operating the feed water boiler. Up to 80 percent of the scalding steam losses could be demonstrably saved with individual systems.
FWO-Control is an instrument for optimizing steam boiler systems. It is able to react dynamically to load fluctuations and therefore works particularly efficiently. Chemicals to improve the water quality and conditioning agents to avoid corrosion in the feed water boiler are only dosed using FWO-Control according to actual, qualitative control results and not based on quantitative specifications. Reducing the use of chemicals reduces costs and energy losses. This is a plus point economically and ecologically.
FWO-Control monitors and controls the dosage of inhibitors and the vapor valve in the feed water boiler in three ways. The control unit has a modular structure and is divided into conductivity monitoring, pH value monitoring and optical monitoring of the residual oxygen content. The measured values are evaluated against the specified analytical limit values, with which chemicals are added via the dosing pumps as required. In addition, all measurement data and process values are visualized on the FWO-Control display and saved with a time stamp in the electronic operating diary. Control systems or boiler controls can be linked using a network connection. Detected errors or malfunctions are transmitted immediately or alarms are triggered. FWO-Control monitors itself thanks to an automated function control. Connected metering pumps, metering stations and vapor valve settings as well as inflows into the feed water tank are completely monitored and evaluated for the control processes.
at a glance
- measurement of pH, conductivity and residual oxygen content
- optical oxygen monitoring
- analysis of thickening factor, dosing and closing times for vapour valve, ...
- demand-oriented dosing of conditioning agents by continuous measurement
- monitoring the threshold values of the feed water
- optimized, continuous control of alkalization and residual oxygen binding
- visualization of measured values and process data via display
- alarm triggered by detected errors by automatic function control
- data storage in the electronic operating diary or USB stick
- optionally, networking with higher-level control centers and remote maintenance is possible
ideal solution for
- big laundries
- layer formation
- current evidence: up to 71% savings in exhaust vapor losts
- current evidence: up to 50% savings in used chemicals
- quality-related use of chemicals results in higher thickening, resulting in a reduction in energy losses and quantities of blowdown
handheld meter - accurate, fast and reliable
for pH, dissolved oxygen, redox, total hardness and acid capacity
control of feed water and steam boiler with quality controlled dosage
for more efficiency and cost savings
monitoring of feed water boiler with exhaust vapor control
for more process safety
monitoring of conductivity in condensate
measuring range 0.05 µS/cm ... 1 mS/cm
monitoring of feed water with qualitative dosage
for improved efficiency of boiler operation