quality-controlled regeneration triggering
Water softening systems usually work with the ion exchange process. The cations contained in the water, such as calcium and magnesium ions, are exchanged with sodium ions. When a complete replacement has occurred, saline flushing regeneration occurs.
This renewal can be dependent on time, quantity or quality. In most cases, volume-controlled regeneration is chosen for industrial plants. The resulting problems are resolved with a quality-controlled regeneration.
There are several advantages with the online water hardness measuring system for residual hardness monitoring Softcontrol RM with qualitatively triggered renewal of the cations:
- up to 150% more soft water throughput compared to volume controlled operation
- up to 50% less salt and rinse water consumption
- regeneration only after complete exhaustion of the resin
- reduction of operating costs
- increased longevity of the water softener